Welcome to Meet Jeanine
My mission is to help you create a slower lifestyle so that you can finally get rid of the tyranny of the to-do list, fall in love with mornings again, be more present to yourself & those you love, and create enough space in your day for the things that matter most.
If what I'm talking about resonates with you, I invite you to download my free, printable Slow Living eBook.
Hi, I'm Jeanine...
I'm a lifestyle & faith blogger...
I'm also an author, certified spiritual director, certified spiritual aromatherapist, certified aromatherapy practitioner, certified chakra healer, reiki master and homeschooling mom.
My favorite moments at home are hanging out with my son, reading or watching Hallmark movies.
21 Random Facts about Me
(1) If I have a big cup of tea in one hand, there is likely to be my Kindle in the other, because I LOVE to read.
(2) I created my own faith books reading challenge this year, which I hope will deepen my faith and help anyone who reads the books, grow your faith and create a closer relationship with God.
(3) I don't diet anymore, in spite of the fact that I am still overweight. But I'm on a mission to eat healthier meals as long as they aren't boring.
(4) I once won a karaoke contest. The songs I sang were (I kid you not), "Love Will Keep Us Together," "Boogie Oogie Oogie" and Karen Carpenter's "Superstar."
(5) When I was younger, I decided I was a singer person & took a year of voice lessons. I told my teacher that I wanted to sing like Donna Summer. She told me to I better learn to enjoy singing like Karen Carpenter, instead. :)
(6) My mother passed away in 2018. At the funeral, I tried to sing "I'm So Glad We Had this Time Together" (the Carol Burnett song), because she and I used to sing it to each other sometimes when we were getting off the phone. I made it all the way to "seems we just get started..." before bursting into tears.
(7) I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and have had it for over 25 years. That's longer than any romantic relationship I have ever had.
(8) Having CFS is not just about can't-get-out-of-bed fatigue. Even more often than that, it's about feeling too sick to do anything, not finding the words for what you want to say and having weird pain and other symptoms that don't quite make sense.
(9) I'm a homebody. It's my hope, someday, to buy a dream house. House Hunters gives me lots of good ideas.
(10) I love Christmas SO MUCH that I miss it all year long. Do I love it so much that I want to marry it? Absolutely.
(11) Sometimes watching people dance with abandon makes me cry. It's something about seeing glimpses of their heart, of who they really are, as they dance their hearts out.
(12) I have been a Christian for decades, but have been crazy enough to walk away from it more than once and then, come back to a deeper faith.
(13) I have always said that in a movie of my life, I would want Paula Abdul to play me. And I'd want it to be a musical.
(14) I became a vegetarian right after doing several months of the Paleo diet. Go figure.
(15) Every year, I get winter blues, starting in the fall. My light box helps tremendously. But so does hygge.
(16) I may or may not still love Frosted Flakes.
(17) Just like Oprah, I loved The Mary Tyler Moore show, and am moved by the lyrics, "you're gonna make it after all!"
(18) On Saturday nights, you can probably find me watching a Hallmark movie.
(19) I don't completely understand the Enneagram, but I do know that my tritype is 9-7-4.
(20) I do think I understand Myers-Briggs and I am an INFP.
(21) I used to work full time as a therapist and LOVED it! I secretly wish everyone could have her own therapist.
Thanks for coming here to meet me! See you soon.