Have you ever ordered something in the mail and looked forward to getting it. I remember, way back when, they used to have those music clubs that offered a ton of new music for only 99c. You'd agree to buy one a month for a year, maybe, and you could choose exactly which one you wanted.
I placed the order, and then, began to imagine them arriving. I'd sit back and listen to the music. Or I might sing my heart out or get up and dance. I'd be transported away from normal life and have moments of feeling like I was inside the music. Some of the music might even lull me to sleep, so I could trade worrying about what time it was, and how much less sleep I would get that night, for drifting off to sleep peacefully and waking up with happy music as a companion while I got ready for work.
Well, it has been said that setting an intention is like placing an order with the universe. And that imagining your joy when it arrives is the way you help to summon it. But it also helps you get used to the idea, so the changes aren't as sudden.
Affirmations can help with that - they announce a new truth, but one you just don't see yet, like those CDs that were on the way but not yet here. Combining the affirmations with meditation is like my daydreams of what listening to all my new music would be like.
(1) The first step is to set your intention. What do you want more of in your life? What change would you like to make?
(2) The next step is to figure out where you need support and encouragement around your new intention. If your intention is to get a new job, one that pays more than your current one, then maybe it's hard to believe you could get a new job.
Or you're worried about what to say during the interview, imagining that you'll say the wrong thing. Because of your fears, you know you might put off updating your resume or filling out the applications.
(3) The third step is to create affirmations that will inspire, reassure and motivate you. You might create one that reminds you of the experience you have that qualifies you for the job you want, or that tells you that they would be lucky to have you.
If that's hard to believe, pull in some affirmations about what your current boss has told you. Or previous jobs you did well.
(4) Once you have several affirmations you can use that will be easy to remember, the next step is to create brief meditation stories that affirm the truth of what you'll be telling yourself and help you practice getting the job you want. You might imagine yourself updating your resume during the commercials as you watch a favorite movie.
Or you might imagine doing well at each interview, answering every question well, and knowing after each one that you'd aced it. You could imagine getting the phone call that offers you the job you want. And then, driving there for your first day of work. Imagine doing the job and knowing you're doing it well.
(5) The final step is to practice the feelings. With each affirmation and meditation, add the feeling.
Imagine feeling confident as you answer questions in an interview. Anticipate the excitement you'll feel when they call to offer you the job. Imagine the joy you will feel as you do the job and become more confident about how perfect you are for it.
If the job will offer more money, imagine what you will do with it. Perhaps you'll be able to buy a new car or save for a house. Or afford to renovate the house you already own.
Once you have done each step, you'll have created the support you need to trust that your intention is on the way and that trust will help you manifest. You'll have conquered the fear that might hold you back.
As you read through the process, were you able to imagine using it with your own intentions?
See you tomorrow!
lifestyle blogger, hygge hermit, author, follower of Jesus, certified spiritual director, bookworm, INFP, Enneagram 9-7-4, lover of my morning cup of tea, & homeschool mom
This page has affiliate links, because I am an affiliate for several programs or products. But I only recommend what I believe in & am hoping will help. If you click on one of my affiliate links & then, make a purchase, I may make a commission, and my family thanks you.