What Every Cozy Book Nook Needs
Welcoming comfort. Your cozy reading room or nook needs to become a haven of comfort so that you find yourself wanting to stay a while.
As sat at home moms, we so rarely large pockets of time to ourselves. So the scene needs to be set already, waiting for you to step right in, pick up where you left off and get right back to reading time.
Slowing life down, or creating a slower lifestyle in the larger sense, happens in moments. And you can empower them by making your home a place that invites you and your family to stop and rest. To pause for a moment.
Silent support for the slow living lifestyle you want to create.
Each member of your family deserves that feeling of welcome, and a cozy space - in addition to the bedroom - that feels like a haven made just for him or her. The cozy reading room can be one of those spaces, and can be furnished in such a way that it serves the whole family, if all of you love to read.
Be sure to personalize it in ways that reflect each family member.
But start with the basics to create a foundation of coziness everyone can enjoy. These basics are an essential way to get started and then, anything else you add will be icing on the cake.
Here are the 9 essentials...
(1) The ultimate in comfy seating: a chair and a half or a sink-deep comfy sofa.
(2) Great lighting: a floor lamp right next to the reading spot, and additional lighting in an overhead lamp, or table lamp somewhere else in the room.
(3) Big windows and a lovely view: for letting in light, but also maintaining a connection to nature during those moments when you lift your gaze from whatever you're reading. No view? Add art.
(4) A bookcase with plenty of room for your collection of reading material. But I suggest creating some spaces on the bookcase so that it's not just a wall of books, so your room feels more spacious.
(5) And end table next to your chair or sofa, with enough room for your latest stack of books to rest right next to you.
(6) Space for a cuppa, on your end table, for reading with your favorite beverage within easy reach.
(7) A comfy throw to snuggle under for warmth, nearby whenever you need it.
(8) A fluffy, fat, comfy pillow to lean against while you're reading.
(9) Your favorite candle to add warmth, scent and just the right mood.
The Cozy Reading Room Checklist
See you next time!